Thursday, May 26, 2011

Still Savoring Market Goodies

It's Thursday and I'm still in awe of how crisp and tasty my Saturday farmers market purchases are. No soggy, wilted, slimey produce here! The spicy salad greens from Hutten Family farm make the base for this salad. The homemade croutons are from the Asiago Baguette we didn't actually get to eat on Saturday and is from Julien's Cafe & Bakery. The mint was from Riverview Herbs and the arugula and green garlic from Taproot Farms. The crumbled Dragons Breath Blue Cheese is hard to spot in the photo, but definitely added to the taste. The shrimp (with the "certified best aquaculture practices" logo) is from Sobeys, but there's always a stash in my freezer.



And dessert was also local and locally inspired....



Probably my most favorite restaurant in Lunenburg, is Magnolia Grill. That's not to say that the other restaurants aren't delicious... they are, but somehow, that's where we gravitate when we do a sunny day trip in that direction. So on a recent trip to the local NSLC outlet for some wine, I spotted their newest issue of Occasions Magazine and found this featured recipe - a perfect option for the bunch of rhubarb also bought at the market last Saturday.

Tonight I guess I'll use up the last of the mushrooms & merguez sausages and last of the spicy greens in a pasta... after all, I need to make room for this week's trip... only a day or so away. And segue to Presto Pasta Night. Tomorrow's roundup is being hosted by Trish of My Slap Happy Kitchen. You can join in the fun too. Just email your post with link & mention to Slap Happy Kitchen and Presto Pasta Nights to trish (at) slaphappykitchen (dot)com with a cc to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

No comments: