Friday, June 1, 2007

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #14



Just when I thought there could be no new pasta dishes for the Presto Pasta Night Roundups, the amazing PPNers find a way to astound me and get my own creative juices flowing. There are some combinations I'd never have thought of and many a twist to the standards we all know and love. Check them out....

Truffles of What's on my Plate was really eager to share this perfect marriage - French Bistro & Italian Pasta. It's Coq au Vin Pasta and delicious. She sent in her entry last Sunday!


Sra from When My Soup Came Alive is a first time PPN'er and not only is it her first (of many I hope) visits, but it's also the first Indian style pasta dish in 14 weeks. And it's also a culinary crossover, as she calls it - Indian cousous tagine...I can't wait to try it.

Jenn, the Leftover Queen also joins us for the first time. Welcome! She brings this gorgeous classic lasagna to the table.


Glenna over at A Fridge Full of Food just had knee surgery, so everybody please wish her a speedy recovery. She knows that even hurting and stressed, the best comfort food is pasta. So here's her remedy for self-pampering - Ramen with Pad Thai Sauce.


Alisha of Cook, Craft, Enjoy is back, I'm happy to say, with this pretty and I know pretty tasty Farfalle with Herbs. I've made something similar and added shrimps to it. This one looks awesome just as it is.


Katie of Other People's Food is back with a mouth-watering Fettucine with Escarole & Brie (my favorite cheese, even if it isn't South Beach Diet friendly).


Myriam of Once Upon a Tart is back. She's been travelling (lucky her) and her way to deal with jet lag is this very simple Pasta Salad. Doesn't it look inviting?


Kevin of Closet Cooking really got to me this week...he made a Roasted Mushroom Pesto Pasta. I love mushrooms and this looks like a truly wonderful new pesto to try. Check it out.


Even with root canal, MRI's and long meetings, Chris of Mele Cotte managed this delicious looking Proscuitto & Cheese Ravioli. All I can say is...wow! and take it easy this weekend, my friend.


Tigerfish of Teczcape is back, I'm happy to say with this very perfect, robust dish - A Three B Parpadelle Ragout. Wait 'til you find out the secret "B".


Becke of Columbus Foodie, another PPN regular shares this interesting Short Rib Tagliatelle. I love short ribs, but would never have thought to pair them with pasta. Thanks for the idea.


The Italian Foodie was very pasta-busy this week. She's back with two delicious recipes. Lasagna Bolognese. (You can never have too many versions of lasagna as you will see from her post - check it out! )


Plus this lovely looking Orecchiette con Broccoli. Two very different moods, one happy me!


My younger daughter, Sharron is staying with my cousin, Arlene - a terrific cook, who doesn't have her own blog, but she often shares her delicious recipes with us. This one is from LCBO's Food & Drink magazine (she sends me copies because it's only available in Ontario - PITY! - although most of the recipes are accessible on line, how can I read it in bed or, even better, in the bath!). The pasta is based on Farfalle with Cherry Tomatoes, Peas, Fresh Mint & Feta. They used whole wheat fettucine (they're also on South Beach, Phase 2), bacon, instead of pancetta and left out the peas altogether.

Sharron's caption on the photo below was "we didn't like it". What do you think? And don't you just love Arlene's pasta plate!


Haalo of Cook (Almost) Anything , a fab PPN regular shares this positively spectacular looking Baked Smoked Cod & Fusilli. Winter is starting "Down Under" and this dish is perfect. Actually, it's technically Spring here in Nova Scotia, but chilly enough for this.


Sher of the fabulous What Did You Eat? came up with this oh-so-satisfying creation of Gemilli With Chicken Thigh Pasta Sauce with Herbs, Tomatoes, And White Wine Her only complaint...her honey ate the leftovers she was saving for breakfast, but can you blame him?


Paz of The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz is back too. She shares this lovely Barefoot Contessa version of Farfalle (or as she and I call them - bow ties) and Broccoli. It's her first Ina Garten recipe, but I bet it won't be her last.


Newcomer to PPN is Helen of Fuss Free Flavours (so how could I NOT love her already). She shares a dish of my favorite ingredients: Anchovies, Chilies and Capers with Penne. I'm drooling just thinking about it.


Ulrike of Kuchenlatein, a frequent PPNer (I'm thrilled to say and apparently so are her sons who love pasta), shares this delicious looking dish of Tagliatelle with Mediterranean Meatballs. The photo has me drooling and heading to the kitchen for a snack.

Anh of Diary of a Novice Cook is back with this simple Bacon and Mushroom Pasta that reminds her of when she was a student. This dish looks great no matter what you do in "real" life.



And I finally got to have some real pasta myself this week - thank goodness for South Beach Dieting, Phase Two. I came up with this BBQ Spaghetti Diablo.

Special apologies to Marta...we went to the Annapolis Valley for Apple Blossom Festival - more about that in another post - and we just got back. Marta, the incredible Italian in the US is really adventurous - buying ingredients like Mogua - check her Japanese style Noodle Soup, it really is impressive.


Any I receive after Saturday afternoon will be part of next week's PPN Event. So don't forget to join in with the rest of us Presto Pasta Nighters. It's easy and fun. Remember that ALL noodles dishes count as pasta and "presto" (ready) or "lento" (slow) are perfect. Find out how right here. In the meantime...Happy Pasta Eating!!!

42 comments:

Helen said...

Great round up Ruth, not if I eat pasta for every meal between now and next friday will I just about get through them all?

Anonymous said...

As always a great summary, again so many recipes to try. My sons are looking now for some "unusual" pasta shapes for the event ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love pasta and all those dishes look delicious! Now I'm starving!




http://onefemalesmind.blogspot.com/

DEEPA said...

Great range of pasta's ....wow!!!nice one ..Thks for sharing

Katie Zeller said...

They all look wonderful! I missed it this week...I'll try to be more organized.

Chris said...

Great round up! I am totally hungry now! I want to try so many, I am going to look like a piece pasta!

High Power Rocketry said...

Great food blog :)

Brook said...

Delicious looking meals!
http://internetmag.blogspot.com

sra said...

Thanks Ruth, great collection of recipes.

Anonymous said...

I just love it! Your blog is just sooo nice. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

the French Bistro & Italian Pasta and fetticine look so YUMMMMYYYY

CT said...

lovely pictures. And great pastas. Where can I get some in my neighbourhood? :)

jasmine said...

Heya… I came across this really cool site… if u wana see how cool u r… jus check it out… trust me….its fun!!!
http://www.bigadda.com/Boss/quiz.php?type=web&uid=1417

Anonymous said...

Great selection as usual Ruth! It was a big one this week!!

kEV said...

What a great roundup of beautiful pasta! And a great blog that you're keeping!

http://minimalistcooking.blogspot.com/

Lis said...

OMG everything looks amazing, you guys! Well done!

And this round up just reminds me of how long it's been since I've made pasta.. so unlike me! I need to do something about that, eh? =)

xoxo

clare said...

Wow, they all look so nice to taste!!!
thx for sharing....

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Do you actually eat all this stuff? Great googamoogahs!

Anonymous said...

To serve these pasta dishes all in one (virtual) serving is making me gag. I only eat the green (spinach) pasta shells smothered in crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.

Could you please post a picture of cooked green pasta shells in the middle of the plate, surrounded by crushed tomatoes. Would like to see if yours looks as delicious as mine.

Amaris Noir said...

Wow! These are great!
- I found your blog very interesting by the way :)

llongoriao said...

I really enjoyed your food blog. Congratulations by the way. :) Is is ok if I print some of the recipes for my family to use?

Keep up the good work,
Luv,
GRANNY

Donelle said...

I'll a first time visitor to your blog, but you can bet your last dollar I'll be back! The photos look good enough to eat, and I just can't wait to get cooking!

Ruth Daniels said...

When I started Presto Pasta Nights, I really wasn't sure it would take off.

So thanks all of you for your visits, your comments and of course for all the great pasta dishes I get to share.

There can never be too much pasta!

Hope you're all having a great weekend and eating all these amazing pasta dishes.

The RP Journal said...

Wonderful blog. I love to cook, so this is right up my alley. I'm getting hungry just visiting.

Elizabeth said...

Clearly this is not the blog to pop into when you are needing a late night snack. Everything looks divine!

Dark DogZ said...

I love pasta I want see pictures
How nice of pasta

Bye see you

chemcookit said...

Hey Ruth! Thank you for letting me in even though I was late! You were on perfect timing posting the recipe given the fact that I sent it to you late. :) And I'm glad you liked the Japanese soup idea.
I _love_ your noodles! It's really the type of pasta dish I like. Great round up, btw!

Ruth Daniels said...

RPJ & Elizabeth, not only is it hard to read when you're hungry for a late night snack...try writing it when you're on a low carb (Make that NO carb for the first 2 weeks) diet.

Chemcookit, no problem and thanks.

I'm looking forward to next week's roundup already.

Kiwi Jeff said...

Nice blog. I love food.

http://secrettolife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent selection once again, Ruth! My mouth was watering as I read your blog.

CookinsForMe said...

All the pictures of great looking pasta make me want some so tomorrow it's what's for lunch. My favorite pasta dish is so simple and involves zucchini, onion, green beans, and chives, all from my garden. If anything else is ready I'll use it, too. Thanks for the great eye candy and flingin' a cravin' on me! :)

jasmine said...

Wonderful round-up!

I keep wanting to participate, but time keeps running away.

Hopefully we can meet up in Chicago!

j

Killed For Less said...

Ramen Pad Thai?!
YES.

Mallikarjun Reddy(Malli...) said...

Its really nice

Freya said...

Sorry no entry this week Ruth (and a great line-up it is too - as usual!) but I wanted to congratulate you on being a Blogger Blog of Note! Congrats!

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks everyone, for the recipes, the photos, the fantastic participation. And thanks for the congrats about Blog of Note. It was totally unexpected and truly fun.

Alisha said...

Heyyy!yummmilicious stuff!!u make my mouth water!!!

awesome!

m new to blogger..infact just started todayy...but i definitely know i'd be keepin a chek on ur stuff!!

keep it up!cheerz!

alisha

Tony Cui said...

Hehe, anyone have recipes for those dishes?

Anonymous said...

How do you take such great pictures of food close-up without it getting blurry?

Rachel said...

I stumbled upon your site while browzing. Pardon my french, but DAMN! all those pictures made me hungry!!!!!

I LOVE pasta.
This post is getting bookmarked!
Thanks.

kim said...

Hi Ruth! Found out about your blog coz Blogger voted it to be a "Blog of Note." And, I second that motion!

I've been on a pasta binge this past week - which has been very very difficult for my hips and tummy to contend with - and this loooong blog entry just had my mouth salivating. It's abso-bloomin'-lutely wonderful. I'd contribute, as soon as I get myself a phone-camera ;-)

Abby said...

What a fun blog event! I haven't heard of this one ... is it usually on My Blog is Burning? We eat pasta all of the time! I might have to join you ... of course I'm tempted to use an already-posted recipe!