Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chorizo - More Than Just On a Bun

A lovely trip to the market on Saturday scored some of my favorite sausages... fresh Argentinian Chorizo from the people of Getaway Farm Meat Mongers. Of course I love them grilled and served on a bun with a hint of Dijon and some chopped onions, but I've discovered some other wonderful ways to prepare them...
I recently used some in a most delicious Hearty Lentil, Swiss Chard, Mushroom Soup... as meatballs!  It got me wondering what other awesome dishes I could prepare... and so...
this Chorizo & Roasted Butternut Squash Shepherd's Pie.  I actually made it with a pound and a half of the gorgeous and delicious chorizo, but it was very rich and the next time (and why I already changed the recipe to reflect the next time), it will be half beef and half chorizo.   The sweetness of the roasted butternut squash was a perfect match.  

And tomorrow, more delightful quinoa recipes from Mairlyn Smith's The Vegetarian's Complete Quinoa Cookbook - savory and sweet muffins.

No comments: