Friday, October 5, 2012

An Interesting Presto Pasta Night Roundup

When I first came up with the idea of a weekly pasta roundup, back in 2007, I was wondering if anyone would show up.

There were eight of us at the first party and over the past five and a half years, 284 roundups, lots of guest hosts and ... well, too many pasta dishes to count... and why I have complete collection of all of them,  but the numbers are dwindling.   This week there was only one entry... and that was mine.  So I have to wonder if it's not time to wind down.   We have some wonderful hosts over the next five weeks, taking us to the middle of November and I hope to see lots of you and your dishes at our upcoming parties.  Who knows, perhaps the Presto Pasta Night ride isn't over yet.

It's obvious that I love pasta, and probably the thing I love most about it is the ease, the ability it gives to harried cooks everywhere for a last minute, comforting dish... "a hug in a bowl" is how I would describe any pasta dish.   And my pasta this week was exactly that.  I bought a new fresh pasta option at my local grocery store - Spicy Rapini Stuffed Girasoli.... think funky, cool ravioli and while the water was coming to a boil, I sauteed some Swiss chard, from my daughter's garden, some mushrooms from my local farmers market.   Just mentioning the ingredients has me smiling.

To whet your appetite and get your creative pasta juices flowing for next week, I thought I'd share a link to my Pining for Pasta Board on Pinterest... you can share the pasta dishes you wish to make here too.  It has over 8,000 followers and 200+ pins!

That said, don't forget to share your quick and easy, slow and complex, and every pasta thing in between with next week's host...  Val of More Than Burnt Toast... a regular PPNer from the very beginning.  Just cook, write it up, mention Presto Pasta Nights and More Than Burnt Toast, and send your URL link to valleygurl43 (at) hotmail (dot) com  and cc ruth (at)4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday, Oct 11 for next week's roundup.  If you have a pasta dish to share but no blog,  just send the recipe to me and I'll write it up for you.

2 comments:

Jiah said...

I made this for dinner yesterday night, whoa!!!! They were so good I am making this for today's dinner also :) Thank you!!!!

Ruth Daniels said...

So glad you liked it.