Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quick & Easy Cooking for the Season

I realize that when we think of the holidays, we generally think of the feasting... memories of those we used to have at our family table growing up... thoughts of those we still prepare (or at the very least, attend)... or those restaurant events that also abound this time of year.

And all of those dinners are waist-expanding, just in the thinking of them, not to mention time-consuming to prepare.  So I thought I'd share a few of my time and stress savers for the OTHER meals we need to eat...

The easiest thing of all is to marinate some boneless chicken breasts and grill them.  I usually double or triple up the recipe so I have cooked chicken (the little black dress) for the base of everything from pasta, to stir fry (substitute chicken for shrimp) to frittatas (perfect from breakfast to supper) to ...well, you get the idea.   At the top is a standard around here...


And my other favorite quick way to cook chicken is to high temperature roast it spatchcock style.

Wishing you all a stress free,  delicious, delightful and joyous holiday season.

Don't forget, I'm hosting the first Presto Pasta Night Roundup of 2012 on January 6th.  Please send me you entries anytime before January 5th.   email:  ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm all about eating crazy healthily this week to balance out the indulgence of Christmas! Love this post!