Friday, December 5, 2008

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #92

Last week Daphe of More Than Words did an absolutely fantastic job of hosting Presto Pasta Night Roundup #91! And thanks to all of you who contributed. PPN would be nothing without you. Now, because I'm still in "busy Grandma" mode, I won't do my usual preamble...let's just get down to all the truly excellent dishes this week.....

First in this week is Jen at Tastes of Home, a first time PPNer with a different take on macaroni. Her Stir Fried Macaroni with Ground Pork and Veggies sounds like a great change of pace. I do hope we see her here often with her unique pastas.


Katie of One Little Corner of the World shares a very fun, very kid friendly Spaghetti Tacos...you heard me.


Kitchenetta of Got No Milk came up with a fantastic version of Baked Stuffed Pasta Shells for the lactose intolerant. A perfect dish everyone can enjoy.


Corinne of A Gourmet Love Affair shares another unique dish...Pasta with Crispy Butternut Squash & Bechamel...looks divine!


Michele of My Italian Grandmother made a very tasty dish of Meatballs and Spaghetti. You have to read her post for the story.


Johanna, the Green Gourmet Giraffe made the prettiest Genovese Pappardelle for Feminists (and everyone else too). It's a combo of my favorite things, basil pesto and asparagus.


Tara of Should You Eat That? made a very tasty alternative to meatballs for the vegetarians among us - 4 Onion Spaghetti with Soy Bombs


Abby of Eat the Right Stuff, gives us the third in her trilogy of Fennel Seeds. This one is Sausage, Fennel Seed & Tomato Penne. And she wants us to choose our favorite...I vote for a first place tie of all three, but you decide for yourself.


Kevin, My favorite Closet Cook always brings something great. This time it's Beef Stroganoff and I can't wait to give his version a try.


Starchy Marie, made a slightly different Fennel & Sausage Penne. One can never have too many variations on great ingredients.


Ning of Heart & Hearth is not the only lucky one. Her husband bought her a pasta maker and, lucky us, she shared a step-by-step pasta making lesson with photos for us (plus a very tasty looking Chicken Noodle Soup with Dumplings). We are expecting to see many more pasta creations...hint, hint!


Mary of One Perfect Bite gives us a Dessert Tagliatelle . It's not often that we get sweet pastas, but I know I always enjoy them. Thanks for a new one to add to my repetoire.


Daphne of More Than Words, last week's wonderful host shared a perfect solution for left overs...my favorite Roast Lamb & Pasta. What could possibly be better?


Kit of Kits Chow hasn't been around for a while, but she's back with the perfect cure for our cold, damp weather...Mung Bean Vermicelli Soup.


Katie of Thyme For Cooking is back. Talk about a hectic life! Good to know I'm not alone and even better that she shared an easy, tasty, comforting Spaghetti Carbonara.


And finally my own...since it’s been totally about babies and little ones around here this week, I couldn’t resist a Pasta Tribute to Babies (of all ages).


Next week's Host will be Mary of Baking Delights She is the genius behind Daring Bakers and I stand in awe of her baking abilities. You can email your entries to her directly maudet8816 (at) aol (dot) com and a cc to me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com .

Plus...Don't forget to check all the Presto Pasta Night Roundups dating back to March, 2007, see who's hosting for the next four weeks and check out guidelines and tips for entering and hosting.

If you have any ideas for a topic for Presto Pasta Night, let me know. Facebook members, please visit the
Presto Pasta Gang on Facebook

But for now...bon appetit!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great round-up... everyone did a great job... thanks for sharing... :)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great, as usual, Ruth. Thanks for my inclusion!

Johanna GGG said...

wow - as always I am inspired by such a variety of ideas and innovations with pasta - guess what I feel like for dinner?

Sara said...

laughing (in a good way!) at the spaghetti taco. what fun!

Maris said...

It's amazing how many very different meals you can make with pasta! Thanks for sharing!