Monday, June 2, 2008

A Little Greek to Brighten the Day

Nothing invokes sunshine to me, like thinking of the Greek Islands. I don't know why, really since I have never been. It is high on my "Places to See" list though, I assure you. I adore their food and love every Greek I've ever met. They're so charming, warm and full of life.

I just got the latest Donna Hay Magazine and naturally everything looks awesome, but I was particularly drawn to a number of great Mediterranean looking dishes that I'll be trying out over the next week or so.

And I thought I'd start with this one, made with vine leaves from my local fantastic Mid Eastern Food Emporium ...


Haloumi Baked in Vine Leaves

What more can I say, besides...dig in! And because oregano is definitely a herb and vine leaves are definitely plants...I'm sharing with Kalyn's Weekend Herb Blogging Event, this week hosted by Maninas from Food Matters.

5 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Wow, that does sound fantastic!

test it comm said...

Baking halloumi in vine leaves sounds like a great idea!

Sara said...

That looks so great. I love halloumi and I bet it would be super in a vine leaf.

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I've been harvesting grape leaves, but there's only so many dolamades I want to make. I'll definitely try this for a change.

Ruth Daniels said...

It is fun to try a different use for something and Donna Hay had a great idea with this one.

Thanks all for dropping by.