Thursday, May 29, 2008

Visit to the Mediterranean- In Halifax

I recently wrote for FoodTV's Bazaar about a great Middle Eastern Grocery and Restaurant that's in my neighborhood. It's a fantastic place filled with wonderful aromas and gorgeous foods. So I thought I'd share some photos here, so you can enjoy it too.

The store is filled with rows and rows of imported foodstuff from the Mediterranean

Grains, beans, herbs and spices like...

...Sumac which adds great flavor to my Fattoush (Lebanese salad)

Grape vine leaves...for the amazing looking recipe I saw in the new Donna HayMagazine...grilled haloumi (they have that too) baked in grape leaves - stay tuned. You can't see them here, but there are at least 10 different varieties of olives.

And, of course...sweets - at least 6 kinds of baklava and other goodies...my Honey's favorite section.

Next up...should I go Indian or Chinese/Korean?

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, I'd love to have such a store here! I love Middle Eastern food!

cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I need to go in there. Is this at Agricola/North?

Ruth Daniels said...

It is...and you do...need to go there I mean.

Thanks for dropping by.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Now that is my kind of place that's for sure:D