Friday, May 2, 2008

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #61

What a great week...lots of newcomers to our happy little Presto Pasta Night family - welcome, welcome and thanks for joining in the fun.

Sad to say, there are lots of sickies out there too, who (fortunately for the rest of us) share their perfect cure for the ills of this time of year...prolonged winter, changing seasons...etc.

First up this week, is Closet Cooking Kevin with a left over fridge dish to die for... Roasted Asparagus and Grape Tomatoes Pasta with Goat Cheese. I might not wait until the end of the week to try it out...all those ingredients are waiting at attention in my fridge too.


Alisha of Cook, Craft, Enjoy is back with a heavenly looking Orecchiette Carbonare with applewood smoked bacon that I'll be rushing out to buy as soon as I'm done posting.


Kittie of Kittens in the Kitchen was also feeling under the weather. I can't believe how she had the energy to put this glorious Vietnamese Crab Noodle Salad together. I want to be at her house when I'm sick!


Anna of Full Hearts, Full Tummies is a first time PPNer and she shares the cure for her mom (and everyone else home with a flu/cold)....I'll be serving up some of this Chicken Noodle Soup to my Honey who's sick in bed with a bad head cold.


Another new PPNer, Corinne of A Gourmet Love Affair, shares her favorite comfort food...Roasted Garlic Creamy Pasta with Chicken. My kind of comfort too!


Ching of Little Corner of Mine, is also a PPN first timer and I love her Whole Grain Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Scallops. What could be better!


Elizabeth of Elizabeth Cooks joins the PPN gang too. She made some lovely Lasagna Rollups - with meat or without is up to you.


Daphne of More Than Words is back with another great comforting dish...This one is Miso Udon Soup with Teriyaki Chicken. I'm calmer just thinking about it.


Abby of Eat the Right Stuff is also recovering from being sickly. Must be the change of season that's affecting so many of us. Feel better soon and thanks for sharing this simple but simply marvelous dish of Tomato & Melting Mozarella Pasta.


Nilmandra of Soy & Pepper is a first time PPNer too and if this dish of Yaki Udon with Beef is any indication...I hope she plans on coming back often.


Katie of Thyme for Cooking had a little heating adventure and so I'm glad she could at least come up with this Creamy Pasta with Goat Cheese to help her through it.


Elly of Elly Says Opa returns with a mouth-watering dish of Chicken Lo Mein. I can't wait to give it a try.


Sher of What Did You Eat?, even though her knee is killing her, shares this Straw & Hay Pasta. It certainly looks wonderful...hopefully it will cheer her up some.


Ann of Redacted Recipes shares an awesome looking simple to make dish of Pasta with Fresh Clams. Now that I'm living in Halifax, right on the Atlantic Ocean, there's no shortage of fresh clams almost at my doorstep!


This makes two weeks in a row with no new pasta dish for me. I swear I'll do better next week. I already have several pasta dishes lined up. My excuse for this week...rather than "my dog ate my homework" is that I couldn't find preserved lemons for a Spicy Crab Spaghettini recipe I found in my copy of Gourmet Magazine. I at least shared a link to the recipe on their website.

Don't forget to join in the Presto Pasta Night experience and please visit the Presto Pasta Gang on Facebook.

I'd love to have some guest hosts for Presto Pasta Nights, so if you're interested you can email me at ruth@4everykitchen.com . I'm still working on the logistics, but I'd love to start later this month.

And, of course, a very big thank you to all of you for playing along and visiting every week!!! I can always count on you to make it special.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cool round up as always! I cant believe I missed it this time, aw!!

Ruth Daniels said...

No worries...there's always next week! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Some of these dishes become so loved that they must be repeated repeatedly. It often means there isn't room for a new one because an old one insisted.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Great round up Ruth! I won't be able to participate this whole month, going back to Malaysia tomorrow, but I will be back in June! :)

Anonymous said...

These pastas look great! I'm too late to enter this week, but I'll get one in next time.

Tempered Woman said...

There is no such thing as too much pasta~ Thanks for all the great recipe links. I'll just eat my way through them one by one! ;-)

Anonymous said...

some fabulous dishes on there which i'll be trying out. thanks ruth.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth. Sorry I couldn't contribute to the party this week, but I am loving this edition's entries.

I would love to guest host in the future, but this would have to be sometime in July, as I am preparing for a June vacation and will be away.

Anonymous said...

Mmm... pasta recipes to try! Thanks!

Katie Zeller said...

Let's hear it for goat cheese!
I'm going to make Kevin's now...
And the rest were great, too. I'm feeling inspired again!

daphne said...

Wonderful round up once more Ruth!!!

tigerfish said...

I lost my appetite for the last 2 days :( ...but after looking at the round up of pasta dishes, I feel hungry again! It "cured" me! Yay!

I''m coming back this week with something really simple. You shd have got my early entry for this week PPN by now :)