Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring is on the Table

I might have messed up with the bread, although my Honey ate a half a loaf waiting for dinner. It might look weird, but it tastes great.

Somehow, when others get a flu, they often don't feel like eating....why can't that be me? I still craved some sort of comfort food and it's amazing how, creative I can be on auto-pilot in a haze of achyness (I'm sure it's not a real word, but I'm also sure you know what I mean).

Fortunately, there was a package of sacchettini in the freezer (one of my staples, along with shrimp), some frozen peas (I have those on hand because Boaz loves to pick them up one at a time and munch on them straight from the freezer). More staples in the fridge...goat cheese and lemons and lucky for me, some fresh mint and lovely baby pea shoots that I normally put in a salad. The whole thing took 2 minutes once the water came to a boil.

Even a sicky has no excuse to miss dinner. And I get my Presto Pasta Night dish in early this week so I can chill and just wait for the rest of the great dishes to roll in in time for Friday's roundup. So what are you waiting for?!


Katie B. said...

Looks delicious!! It isn't chicken soup - but I am sure it made you feel better!

michelle @ TNS said...

looks yummy and comforting. i love peas and goat cheese with pasta. last time i made it, i added spinach and lemon, but i think next time i'll do it with mint.