Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring is on the Table


I might have messed up with the bread, although my Honey ate a half a loaf waiting for dinner. It might look weird, but it tastes great.

Somehow, when others get a flu, they often don't feel like eating....why can't that be me? I still craved some sort of comfort food and it's amazing how, creative I can be on auto-pilot in a haze of achyness (I'm sure it's not a real word, but I'm also sure you know what I mean).

Fortunately, there was a package of sacchettini in the freezer (one of my staples, along with shrimp), some frozen peas (I have those on hand because Boaz loves to pick them up one at a time and munch on them straight from the freezer). More staples in the fridge...goat cheese and lemons and lucky for me, some fresh mint and lovely baby pea shoots that I normally put in a salad. The whole thing took 2 minutes once the water came to a boil.


Even a sicky has no excuse to miss dinner. And I get my Presto Pasta Night dish in early this week so I can chill and just wait for the rest of the great dishes to roll in in time for Friday's roundup. So what are you waiting for?!

2 comments:

Katie B. said...

Looks delicious!! It isn't chicken soup - but I am sure it made you feel better!

Anonymous said...

looks yummy and comforting. i love peas and goat cheese with pasta. last time i made it, i added spinach and lemon, but i think next time i'll do it with mint.