Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dinner at the Cousins

One thing about taking a trip this time of year...I don't really do too much cooking.

But I did make some Creamed Salmon on Toast from Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories for my cousins Sheldon & Donna. Who could believe that a dish made from a ton of cans could be soooo wonderful.

Then we trudged through the snow...I can't even begin to tell you what a mess it is here in Montreal....snow piles at least waist high on either sides of the road, ruts to drive through, no place to park....40 minutes to do the 10 minute drive to my other cousins - David & Cheryl and their great kids for dinner.

But it was definitely worth it! Cheryl made a fantastic Spicy Coconut Chicken Curry from her new favorite cookbook Braises & Stews. (Obviously, a new addition to my wish list).

And added to that terrific dish were some great sides from Le Taj an awesome Indian restaurant.

As if that weren't special enough, Cheryl made apple pie and great chocolate chip cookies served with vanilla ice cream...the picture - way too blurry to share in my rush to eat!

Tonight...the grand finale to the Montreal leg of our adventure....Chinese Food from Yangtze.

I wonder what the Toronto part of our family plans on serving.

Related links:

No comments: