Saturday, October 13, 2007

More Easy Cooking for Today's Pace

Wishes of a Magical Kingdom with no time constraints aside...I did whip up a great meal last Wednesday (my babysitting day). I've learned my lesson about planning elaborate meals when there's a little one around who wants to play...all...day...long!

By the way, here's Boaz's idea of a great dessert...banana mash anyone?

This week I went for a very simple meal menu...


Sticky BBQ Ribs a la Donna Hay
(without the BBQ, of course)


Thyme Roasted Potato & Sweet Potato Wedges
(an old picture, this time I added some Yukon Gold potatos to the mix)

Steamed Peas & Zucchini
(from a fozen package of mixed veggies - I just added a squirt of lemon juice and some herbs to add some zip - even the baby loved them)

And my little Prince actually gave me some time to make these Baklava Muffins. I found the recipe on GroupRecipes, a great group to belong to. Hopefully you can follow the link. If not, leave a comment and I'll post the recipe.

The entire meal took me 15 minutes to put together and 45 minutes to roast. Had my cutie been too needy, I would have just served some fruit & yoghurt for dessert.

All of this to say, whether it's a little one, a job or any other reason for a chaotic, "no time to prepare dinner" kind of a day, there are simple options that taste great, look good and have everyone else thinking you've spent the day on dinner. Certainly the comment will be ..."I don't know how you do it!" You don't have to share your little secret.

Over the next few days I'll be going through my archives for some easy Fall dinners to fix. Stay tuned....

Related Links:

No comments: