Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Shrimp Frittata and a New Jamie Oliver Cookbook


I know, I must be crazy. I've already packed a million boxes of books. So what do I do? I go out and buy myself a present of Jamie Oliver's latest cookbook - Jamie's Italy! Actually, I bought it for the pasta recipe I plan on making tonight for Presto Pasta Night. (You can join in the fun too, just click here to see how).

I was browsing in a bookstore on my recent visit to Montreal - always a dangerous pastime for me. This book has been on my wish list since it came out and I really intended it to be my first purchase in my new home in Halifax. That said...I just happened to open it to the Spaghetti Tetrazzini with chicken and mushrooms, so what's a girl to do!?! I can't wait to make some, but that's for another post.

Yesterday, I was looking through the freezer. Obviously I have a lot of cooking and eating to do in the next week or so before the move and there are two bags of frozen shrimps yelling "eat me! eat me!" There also was some lovely asparagus that's still standing tall in the fridge, but not for long. So flipping through Jamie's Italy I found this gorgeous shrimp frittata that he says is "the best shrimp and parsley frittata". Well my parsley was very wilted, so I used dried and added asparagus pieces to keep the green. And Jamie is correct - it IS the best shrimp frittata I'v had. It's very lemony and light. You really should try it. I served it with toasted focaccia, spread with pesto and goat cheese. Salad would have been delicious, but I was too busy packing to go buy some. Oh well!

Recipe

Shrimp & Asparagus Frittata



Related links:

No comments: