Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Serendipity and More Salmon

I was taking a lunch break and turned on FoodTV and there was my favorite...Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. But let me back up a bit. Last night I made a very simple and very moist roasted salmon fillet served on braised spinach and naturally I took a picture and wrote it up. Then when I was cross posting in the recipe index, I realized I had previously made (and posted) a very similar salmon dish. I just changed up the herbs and other seasonings. It's the kind of thing I do when I'm working on autopilot.

Well, Ina was cooking salmon too, but her's was Asian. Ina's one of the few cooks on the food channel who doesn't post her recipes. Not a problem though, if you have her books and I do have most of them. And fortunately it's in Barefoot Contessa at Home and I'll be trying it out very soon. That said I do hope you enjoy my Roasted Dill Salmon on Braised Spinach. It's fast, flavorful and very South Beach Diet friendly. Who could ask for more.

Tomorrow I will be doing some dishes that are a little different...but you'll have to come back to see what they are. In the meantime, I'd love to know what you make when you're on autopilot.

Related links:

No comments: