Well I finally did it…I actually cooked a real meal. The roasted salmon on a bed of sautéed spinach and mushrooms was easy and delicious. So without further ado, here is the recipe.
Roasted Salmon Filets on Spinach
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Roasting Time: 20 minutes
2 salmon filets, skin on
1 bunch cilantro leaves
Juice of half a lemon
Smoked paprika ( just a sprinkling)
1 large bag of baby spinach
1 cup sliced cremini (brown) mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
Olive oil for the pan
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
2. In a lightly oiled roasting pan, lay the bed of cilantro leaves and place the salmon, skin side down on top. Drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle some smoked paprika on top.
3. Roast for 20 minutes or so.
4. In the meantime, in a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms and onions in a little olive oil until the mushrooms are browned and the onion is soft.
5. Add garlic to the pan and toss until the fragrance hits you – just a minute or so.
6. Add the spinach and toss occasionally until it’s all wilted and the liquid is absorbed. Season to taste.
7. Place the spinach mixture on plates and place the salmon filet on top. I slip the salmon off the skin before I plate it, but you don’t have to.
Tomorrow is the big brunch so stay tuned for the details.
Related links:salmon, recipes, fish