Tuesday, March 28, 2006

South Beach Diet Day 9 and Chicken Fingers

I must admit, Day Nine of the South Beach Diet was not my best. I'm getting tired of forcing myself to eat cheese and nuts for snacks I'm not really hungry for. Whine, whine, whine....I know! But the end is looking closer, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and, as my six year old niece would say..."only five more sleeps" until Phase One is done! - And Good Riddance!

Lunch was some left over tuna with cilantro mayonnaise with half a tomato sliced and drizzled with rice wine vinegar. Not bad and I probably should have stopped there. After all I wasn’t even hungry, just trying to keep to the timelines suggested in the South Beach Diet book. I also mindlessly munched on a leftover lamb chop.

Supper (it wasn’t really a “Dinner”, in my opinion.) I know…I was the cook, so what’s my problem? I was so busy working at the computer I didn’t really think about it until it was close to eating time. Plus I thought that Asian style coleslaw with spiced chicken fingers sounded fun. The coleslaw ( a take on the one in the book) was delicious, really! The chicken fingers (from the little SBD magazine I picked up the other day) were boring. You’d think that chili powder and cumin would add a ton of flavor – not for me. To be fair I didn’t make the cilantro pesto sauce suggested, so maybe that would have made a difference.

Oh well, on to Day Ten. It’s my birthday, so we’re probably going out for dinner (I won’t cheat, just stick to meat and veggies) and maybe, because it is my birthday, I will have a glass of wine.

Recipes

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy birthday. :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!