adapted from South Beach Diet
Prep time: less than 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
6 asparagus stalks, cut in 2” pieces (woody ends removed first)
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
½ cup cooked chicken, sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
5 eggs, beaten
½ cup grated cheese ( I used a packaged low fat Italiano blend)
Chopped parsley (or your favorite her) for garnish
1. Steam asparagus (I used the microwave – 45 seconds), drain and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high heat and add the oil. Sauté the mushrooms until golden and add the chicken slices just to heat through.
3. In a bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms & asparagus and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add a touch more oil to the empty skillet and pour in the beaten eggs. Move the pan around to cover the bottom and as the eggs start to set, lift the edges so the liquid can seep to the pan. This will ensure faster and thinner cooked eggs. It should almost look like a crepe.
5. Once the omelet base is mostly dry on the surface, add your vegetable chicken mixture on one half of the egg. Top with cheese, fold over the other half and remove to a cutting board. Cut in half, garnish with fresh herbs and plate. Serve with a small salad or as I did with sliced tomates.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes South Beach Diet Low Carb Diet