Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Brown Bag Challenge

How do I start... normally, I don't participate in cooking challenges.  I'm not sure why exactly...afraid of the competition...?afraid I won't meet the deadline...?afraid I won't be able to come up with an original idea?  So why did I agree...
because  I love supporting local farmers and purveyors of all things delicious.  How could I resist this announcement?
"East Coast Organic Milk Cooperative, Nova Scotia's only locally produced and processed organic milk, in partnership with Just Us! Coffee, is presenting the Brown Bag Recipe Challenge!  The concept: come up with a creative, original recipe using the ingredients found in your brown bag."
I couldn't wait to get home and open the brown bag... Just Us!... Fair Trade Organic Columbian Instant Coffee and bars of chocolate - milk and white plus a large bag of Organic Sugar and from East Coast Organic Milk a large bottle of homogenized milk.  But what to do with it all?
I needed a drink and sustenance to ponder my dilemma. BTW - the milk was awesome!

 I suppose I could make some fudge... but that would be too easy.  I'm not really a 'baker' - sticking to cookies and brownies or crisps...none of which really have any milk in the recipe.   So after a quick flip through a few of my baking books for inspiration, I came up with what I hope will be a winner...

Hint:  it will need some brioche and I'm off to hunt for some.   You can follow my journey on Twitter #ECOMilkComp and on Facebook  The most shares, likes & retweets wins a gift basket worth $300!


No comments: