Thursday, September 6, 2012

Finally - Weather for Baked Pasta & Clafouti

Blame it on Hurricane Isaac, but we're finally getting some cool rainy (make that torrential rain) days, perfect for actually being able to use the oven.  And between my love of Pinterest, the ultimate place to store all those great recipes you come across via the web, and my new eCookbook Laurent Gras - My Provence (which I wrote about here I decided to whip up some quick-to-prepare and totally delicious dishes.

The original Baked Stuffed Pasta Shells above came from Inspired Taste and I just call them
My Honey loved them because they taste like pizza.  I really loved the dry, crispness of them, so unlike usual ooey-gooey, saucy bakes.  This is my contribution to Presto Pasta Nights, this week hosted for the eighth time by Simona of Briciole... you still have time to send your entry in.
On to my other new kitchen friend...Laurent Gras - My Provence.  Last week I shared this Cannelloni With Greens   in case you missed it.. I served it with a variation of another Laurent Gras winning dish...
which is like a sunny Spring day in your mouth and perfect on a dreary day to boost your mood....but now it's time for dessert...
also droolingly delicious and a snap to prepare.  It tasted even better the next day.

I love how we can marry the fresh goodness of using local farm produce with the newest technologies.  How do you mix the two?



1 comment:

Joanne said...

We've gotten some rain here but none of it has been torrential. I almost wish we had because it's still too hot to really bake! Gorgeous shells.