Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Too Hot to Boil Water

Perhaps it will cool down later, but the last couple of days have been too hot to cook.   When I say to hot to boil water... I DO mean on the stove!   So last night's dinner, which was supposed to be pasta...after all, I am this week's Presto Pasta Night host... consisted of a simple salad to accompany another great grilled flank steak.   True, I already have lots of my own variations and a bazillion more bookmarked or pinned, but I was in too much of a hurry Monday morning  to actually look them up.

Good thing the awesome ingredients sort of made the meal themselves.  
The last minute stop at the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market on Sunday and a visit to my other "farmers market"... my daughter Joanna's garden gave me everything I needed.  Flank Steak from Getaway Farm Meat Mongers and garlicscapes from Jo's garden plus Dionysios Herb Blend from Epices de Cru starred in..
and all the salad ingredients peeking below are from the market.  I even shaved the carrots and asparagus which kind of reminded me of pasta.  And perhaps shaved or finely julienned veggies tossed with olive oil, rice wine vinegar and a little salt and pepper is my new summer pasta.

And with that segue ... if you have a great pasta dish you want to share... hot or cold, please send your entry to me at ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com  by Thursday night for this week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup.  The rules are simple,

2 comments:

Joanne said...

The heat has been getting to us here too! Fresh salads and grilling are definitely where its at!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It has finally turned warm but no hot temperatures here on the West Coast yet.