Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scallop & Asparagus Orzo Risotto - in Spite of the Heat

Another hot day, ending with some rain meant no barbecuing and no wish to heat up the kitchen. So what did I make for dinner....

I thought a quick sear of scallops and some salad, but, while I was looking through my "Pins" for spicing inspiration, I found a Shrimp Orzo dish from A Couple in the Kitchen.  Obviously, the heat had affected my brain, because, as we all know.... any form of risotto requires standing directly over the pan, stirring and stirring and stirring for at least fifteen minutes.  
That said, in the end it was super tasty and well worth the effort, especially when paired with a couple of glasses of cold, crisp  Pinot Grigio.

Don't forget that I'm hosting Presto Pasta Nights this week and you still have until midnight to share a dish with us before I post the roundup tomorrow.  Email ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

If you'd like to host a PPN Roundup. Just drop me a line to pick a date. July 20 as well as August 24 and beyond are available.  It's never to early to sign up!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love a good orzotto! ANd the light, fresh flavors in this sound super.

Inka said...

this risotto looks so tasty! i need to cook something like this:) Greetings from my kitchen!