Thursday, July 19, 2012

Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches

I knew my grandson didn't invent the concept of grilled peanut butter sandwiches when I gave him two choices - grilled cheese OR a peanut butter sandwich for lunch (both his favorite options).  The little scientist ... very into experimenting as you can see from the photo below...

where he learned about gigantic bubble making - and imprisoning his younger brother...just kidding.  He's very into questioning and inventing - making weird potions and other cool experiments from his Magic Schoolbus Chemistry Lab.  When his eyes lit up and he said "what if we make a grilled peanut butter sandwich?"   To which I replied "what a great experiment!",  all the while thinking of Elvis Presley's famous sandwich - although according to allrecipes.com - his included bacon & American Cheese on white sliced bread.    Needless to say, it was a hit.. What I didn't realize, was what I found when I did a Google Search for Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches - Close to 8 MILLION links came up!!!   But let's keep that little secret between us and let Boaz think he did invent it.

A little birdie told me that Kraft Peanut Butter is turning 51!   Long enough for most of us to have our own PB childhood favorite recipe.   And to celebrate, they're taking the Peanut Butter Truck Tour across Canada to learn and share everyone's favorite PB dish.  You can even share yours on line and it might make it onto the PB Truck Tour Menu!  Don't forget to check when they'll be in your neck of the woods.  I know they'll be in Halifax on August 4th - just in time for the annual International Buskers Festival.   

So what is your favorite peanut butter creation?  I'm a serious savory girl, so I like things like Grilled Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce.

No comments: