Monday, May 28, 2012

Spring is in the Air Pasta

Am I crazy or does this dish remind you of the Dr Seuss' Horton Hears a Who?  I guess I've been hanging out with kids way too often...if that's even possible.  I couldn't resist throwing in the chive flower.

Another reason I love to shop at my local farmers' market this time of year....


I'm still finding myself running out of steam by five o'clock and all my best intentions at 8AM are gone for the day.  At least my Lamb Kebabs are marinating in the fridge for tomorrow's meal...but I digress...This dish is so easy it's almost embarrassing to share, except that then you wouldn't get to try it.
With some ricotta in the fridge and lots of very interesting greens from my trip to the market on Saturday, like baby radish shoots and very potent lemon basil, plus gorgeous chives complete with flowers and a few leaves from my basil plant growing on my  window sill, this dish came together in one pot seconds after I drained the pasta.
This is my entry for this week's Presto Pasta Night hosted by Stash of the newly renamed Simple Kitchen Seasons (formerly The Spamwise Chronicle).  Make sure you send in your entry by Thursday...to sobaaddict70 (at) gmail (dot) com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday, May 31 and check back for the roundup on Friday. Special note: Stash asks that you attach jpegs (pictures) at least 640 pixels wide.  (1024 pixels is preferred).  If you're not sure what the size of your photos are, ask Stash for clarification.   


If you'd like to host a PPN Roundup. Just drop me a line to pick a date. June 29 and beyond are available.  It's never to early to sign up!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Just looking at the flowering chives makes me SO happy!