Friday, April 20, 2012

Presto Pasta Night #260

UPDATE: My bad!   I somehow missed out on these awesome bloggers and their entries....My sincerest apologies!
Gay, our resident Scientist in the Kitchen shared these Drunken Noodles that sound very tasty.
Deb at Kahakai Kitchen in Hawaii sent in this gorgeous Thai Garlic Soup that I could use right now - it's so grey and foggy and damp here.

This week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup has lots of Springtime.  Asparagus is definitely an early harbinger and hopefully I can find some at my local farmers market soon.   All the dishes grabbed my attention and I know you'll enjoy them as much as I do.   Thanks all for sharing!

First in is Emma of Emma's Kitchen Diary... well actually sent in for last week's roundup and somehow fell through the email cracks.  Would have been tasty last week... even better this week.  Spring is definitely here with her Pappardelle with Tuscan Sausages, Asparagus and Peas.
Next up is Heather, our favorite Girlichef with a spiced up Mac 'n Cheese with Roasted Jalapeno Salsa.  Quite the punch to our old comfort dish.
And now, another surprise dish... this time it's pasta without any pasta.   That's right.... take a very close look at the gorgeous photo and check out what Janet of the Taste Space did.  It's Raw Alfredo Sauce with Basil, Cherry Tomatoes and... that's right... Zucchini Noodles!
Stash of The Spamwise Chronicles really brings Springtime to his dish of Pasta Primavera.  I can't wait to see what ingredients I find at our local farmers market this week to make my own.
And, next from one of my very favorite food bloggers, Joanne who Eats Well with Others and has a fantastic  philosophy about fitness... in its most basic terms...have a fitness goal!   I must try that.  As for her pasta... I definitely will have a healthy bowl of her Roasted Asparagus & Tomato Pasta with Goat Cheese as incentive.
This time around, I actually prepared two pasta dishes - a main Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta with a Little Heat 
and a savory couscous that really doesn't have a "recipe"  just made with chicken broth rather than water and some fresh mint & parsley, tossed in after fluffing and just before serving.  You can see it peeking under the meat..
 It was perfect to sop up the gravy of the Tunisian Style Braised Beef Ribs found on fineCooking and "pinned" to my new obsession - my Pinterest boards.

Thanks again everyone for wonderful pastas.  Now it's time to turn over the pasta pot to Simona of Briciole who is hosting next Friday's PPN Roundup (Friday April 27).   Please share a dish mentioning Presto Pasta Nights,and  Briciole and send your entries to simosite (at) mac (dot) com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday, April 26 and check back for the roundup on Friday, April 27.
If you'd like to host a PPN Roundup. Just drop me a line to pick a date. May 18th and beyond are available.  It's never to early to sign up!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I love that we're all feeling spring-full right now! It's such a delicious round-up!

Heather S-G said...

Mmmmm...I want an xl plate with a scoop of everything, please! Delicious roundup :D

Deb in Hawaii said...

Oh bummer. I guess you didn't get my noodle bowl entry. Ah well, I'll try again next week. Everything looks wonderful. ;-)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Thanks Ruth! I am happy to join in with all the other delicious-looking dishes this week. ;-)