I am a member of Slow Food Nova Scotia and volunteered to play a part (however small it was) promoting the Slow Motion Food Film Fest that takes place this weekend in Wolfville NS.
- 29 films over three days
- 4 major events - The Slow Motion Barn Dinner (Thursday night), Amazing Food Race (Saturday morning), Harvest Gallery South American Wine Tasting (ASaturday evening) and the Slow Motion Awards Ceremony (Free - Sunday afternoon 6:30 pm) with Hosts Ann MacKenzie (Film NS) and actor Jason Priestley
- Filmmakers attending from Manitoba, Ottawa, Quebec, Georgia, Nova Scotia, Italy and Brazil!
- The Canadian premieres of Perfect Sense (Ewan MacGregors newest film) El Camino del Vino ( Argentinian sommelier loses his sense of taste) and Blood Into Wine (Rock Band Tool frontman opens winery in Arizona desert).
- The World Premiere of Land Awakening (Beautiful movie that explores PERMACULTURE)
- Contentious films that expose whats wrong with our current systems (DIVE! Milks Wars, Planeat, La Reine Malade)
- Inspiring films that give us hope (GROW! And This is my Garden, Voices of Transition).
- Foodie Favorites (El Bulli: Cooking in Progress, Chocolat, Big Night)
- And riveting films held over from The Atlantic Film Festival due to popular demand (Cooking History)
Chef Michael Howell, chef owner of The Tempest restaurant and President of Slow Food NS, is offering an Homage to Hollywood menu. And other local establishments will be showcasing wonderful Food Film Fest related goodies.
If you're in the neighborhood, check it out. I know you'll have an awesome time experiencing the films, the food and the beautiful Annapolis Valley.