Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pasta Makes Me Sing


I woke up this morning groggy from a night of coughing and generally in poor spirits. Two nights of little sleep has me grumpy.   But still it was time for my morning ritual... showering, teeth brushing and even before breakfast... checking email.  I often receive requests to promote one thing or another and sometimes I do... if I really love it, but mostly I pass... especially if I feel crabby.

But I was sent an email from David Rees with a link to his YouTube video of I Believe in Pasta and one to an audio of all the songs on the I Believe in Pasta album.  (Give it a minute to load - it's worth it)  It had my feet tapping, head bobbing and most of all, a huge smile on my face.  So I definitely had to share with all my pasta friends out there.   I liked the songs so much I had to check out the app on iTunes.  It's an educational app for kids 3 and over and I'm definitely downloading it when my Honey gets home with my iPad.  Apparently the burp-o-meter is spectacular.  Here are some of the reviews on iTunes
• Apple featured as “What’s Hot” and “New and Noteworthy” in the App Store Books category.
• “Reminiscent of the Dr. Seuss stories we know and love, The Truly Great Noodle is entertaining and fun to read.”-PadGadget
• “The Adventures of Nate, is the latest example of how Seussian writing can be evolved with multimedia content”- iLounge
• “…will have instant appeal to any child who has tried a plate of spaghetti.”-Children’s Technology Review
• “The special Burp-O-Meter will be worth the price of admission for most kids.”-Habitual Apper
I think my grandsons will love it, I know we'll be humming along with the songs.

So all you pasta lovers out there... this is just to get you thinking about which pasta recipe you'll be sharing with Presto Pasta Night Roundup this week.  Send me your entries by Thursday to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com.   

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Perfect for the Pasta Queen!!