Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Heavenly Springtime Pasta

It's hard to believe that it's been weeks since I whipped up some pasta. Blame it on the time of year. Spring to me is quick cooking ... or no cooking at all ... everything fresh and new and wonderful from the farmers market. My intention is always to make enough to have leftover grilled things to add to some pasta the next day, but... somehow... sigh... we eat it all up or add it to a brunch frittata.

That said, finally I get to share my latest Spring focused leftover pasta... With tons of shapes of pasta in my pantry - in addition to Costco's gigantic package of Primeluci Pastamade in Sicily with an assortment of penne rigate, elicoidali lunghi (think smallish rigatoni) and fettuccine (3 big bags of each)... I went with Colavita's farfalle (or bow ties, as I still fondly refer to them).

Nothing says Spring like dressing up and bows seem very festive to me. Add some bright color and ... voila! While the pasta was cooking, I just sauteed some mushrooms and garlic stalks ( they look like scallions, but are definitely garlic!), added some chunks of Spatchcock Pesto Chicken, the last half link of smoked Cajun Sausage - diced, last of the marinated roasted red peppers, grilled asparagus spears (left over from the latest skirt steak dinner), some fresh arugula. Heat that all through and add a dollop or two of more Pesto, a sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes and some grated Parmesan cheese. Toss and serve. We had it hot last night and the left overs with a touch more olive oil, will be served cold for lunch. Lucky me.

I'm sharing this with Presto Pasta Night, this week's host for Presto Pasta Night... Trish of My Slap Happy Kitchen. You can join in the fun too. Just email your post with link & mention to Slap Happy Kitchen and Presto Pasta Nights to trish (at) slaphappykitchen (dot)com with a cc to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com.

What's your favorite Springtime pasta dish?

3 comments:

Joanne said...

You've made me wish i had leftover pesto sitting around! What a great spring pasta dish!

Michelle B said...

Best looking leftovers I've ever seen! Great job!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I need to get back into the kitchen Ruth!!!!!First order of business...pasta!