Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Much Better Panko Crumbed Pasta

The other night I told you about a mediocre pasta dish that tasted much better as a frittata. This time I got it right!

Then again, how could I not since I started with an "easy peasy" Jamie Oliver recipe from Jamie Issue #17- The Italian Issue with more pasta dishes than you can eat in a month.

One of the best lessons Jamie always shares is that you should just use the recipe as a guide and adapt it. This time I eliminated one skillet and had dinner ready in as long as it took to boil pasta and toss into the "sauce" which was some broccoli, the last of my sundried tomato panko crumbs (I have to use them up before Passover on Monday) and some lovely anchovies.



There was only one downside to the dish... it was too good to resist. So much for will power... we went back for seconds.

I'm sharing with Presto Pasta Night, this week hosted by Sweet Artichoke. There's still time for you to send in your entry. Just email sweetartichoke(at) gmail(dot)com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Glad to hear you haven't given ip pasta altogether!!!!!