Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Morning Frittatas

I always know when I'm almost back to normal... still slept too late to get to the Farmers' Market yesterday (I really hate feeling like a salmon heading upstream for its last journey, not to mention many of my favorite things have already gone... early bird catches the ... well in this case... delicious smoked turkey and who knows what else). But enough whining... I know when I'm on the mend, because I want to cook. And there's nothing like a frittata... especially when there are still plenty of delicious ingredients hiding in my fridge to whip one up for an effortless, tasty brunch for me and my Honey. Today... last of the smoked turkey from last week's market visit, sun dried tomatoes in oil, cured black olives, a baby leek, PC artichoke Asiago tapenade, a few artichoke hearts, sautted until the leeks are soft and the rest of the ingredients are warm, evenly add six wahisked eggs, and some Borgonzola cheese sprinkled on top along with a pinch of smoked paprika. Once the frittata is somewhat set, pop it into the oven at 375 F and let it do its thing for about 15-20 minutes. And how do I really know when I'm on the mend? When I take the time to whip up some Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins, which I did while the frittata was baking. But more about them tomorrow.

No comments: