Saturday, March 26, 2011

Indian Food On the Brain

Perhaps it's the latest two cookbooks that have come across my desk... How to Cook Indianby Sanjeev Kapoor, who is new to me, but often called "the Rachel Ray of India" and currently touring North America, promoting his new book, and Bal Arneson (a long time favorite of mine) with a new book called Bal's Quick and Healthy Indian. Perhaps it's that I love Indian food and have, on more than one occasion, created a feast for friends and family (the photo is of a gathering before we left Toronto, the menu is still a favorite of ours). Perhaps it was the Malabar Coconut Shrimp I made at Kraft Canada, Or perhaps because there's a lovely Indian grocery shop right here in Halifax that actually has all the ingredients I could need.

I will be writing about the books very soon, but I thought I'd direct you to America's Test Kitchen's latest video that hit my inbox - Easy Chicken Tikka Masala. It had me drooling before breakfast. I always love the tips, techniques and well tested recipes from the kitchens if Cooks Illustrated, Cook's Country TV and, of course America's Test Kitchen.
What's your favorite Indian dish? Perhaps I'll include that at my next Indian feast.

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

A blogger from Onatrio was kind enough to send me a huge assortment of East Indian spices to do some experimenting with. I have chosen a couple of recipes from Bal Arneson I found on-line.

Ruth Daniels said...

Can't wait for you to share them.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I think I will make this recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala this week. That looks too good. I also loved the shrimp dish that you prepared at Kraft. It was my favorite.

Ruth Daniels said...

The shrimp dish was awesome and this chicken tikka masala sounds too good to resist... not to mention quick & easy!