Monday, February 7, 2011

Nostalgic Trip to Fall Harvest Festivals

Just a short post... but I couldn't resist sharing tonights supper. Usually, people in the middle of freezing, blizzardy weather think of Spring or wish for Summer. Somehow my dinner reminded me of trips to St Jacobs, Ontario in the Fall where you can still see Mennonite farmers on their buggies, eat the most wonderful sausages, and pick up beautiful Brussels sprouts, beets and every other Autumn harvest treat at the farmers market.

Instead of St Jacobs market, my stash of Brussels sprouts, beets and the Sweet Turkey Fennel Sausages came from last week's trip to the Halifax Seaport Market. The Beet & Potato Hash comes from Mango Cheeks at Allotment 2 Kitchen - I've been dreaming about it for two weeks and finally got around to making it. It tastes even better than it looks and will be on my menu often. The Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Pecans is an old standby.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Fall is one of my favorite seasons so any reminder of it sounds good to me! The hash and sprout dish sound delicious!