Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finally - A Pasta Dish & No Guilt Required

For all my Presto Pasta Night friends, who, I am sure are fed up with my wimping out and not making or eating pasta for the last umpteen weeks (at least it feels that long), finally, from a new book I just reviewed called The Substitute Yourself Skinny Cookbook(check out the review here) I... Am... Back!

And this version of Hottie Tottie Manicotti (that actually came out lasagna - I ... blush, blush...cut the fresh whole wheat lasagna noodles too short to roll around the filling. The recipes saves 692 calories per serving and tastes awesome! I was sceptical, but all my taste testers - none of whom were dieting ...loved it. From little Dov (18 months), who had a grown up sized portion, to his picky 3 1/2 year old brother Boaz (who only this year decided to be picky), and the rest of us, we wolfed it down and then it was all I could do not to reach for seconds.

What fantastic dish will you be sharing with this week's Presto Pasta Night Host with the Most - The Sweet Kitchen? Send your entries to sweetkitchen (at) rogers (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday and check back for the roundup on Friday.


bellini valli said...

It looks pretty tasty to me Ruth, and totally guilt free.

Sweet Kitchen said...

This looks delicious - hard to believe it's so healthy! I shudder to think what the original version would do to my waistline!

Ruth Daniels said...

Val, we couldn't believe how delicious.

SK, ...not to mention all the clogging of arteries ;-D