Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finally - A Pasta Dish & No Guilt Required

For all my Presto Pasta Night friends, who, I am sure are fed up with my wimping out and not making or eating pasta for the last umpteen weeks (at least it feels that long), finally, from a new book I just reviewed called The Substitute Yourself Skinny Cookbook(check out the review here) I... Am... Back!

And this version of Hottie Tottie Manicotti (that actually came out lasagna - I ... blush, blush...cut the fresh whole wheat lasagna noodles too short to roll around the filling. The recipes saves 692 calories per serving and tastes awesome! I was sceptical, but all my taste testers - none of whom were dieting ...loved it. From little Dov (18 months), who had a grown up sized portion, to his picky 3 1/2 year old brother Boaz (who only this year decided to be picky), and the rest of us, we wolfed it down and then it was all I could do not to reach for seconds.

What fantastic dish will you be sharing with this week's Presto Pasta Night Host with the Most - The Sweet Kitchen? Send your entries to sweetkitchen (at) rogers (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday and check back for the roundup on Friday.

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It looks pretty tasty to me Ruth, and totally guilt free.

Sweet Kitchen said...

This looks delicious - hard to believe it's so healthy! I shudder to think what the original version would do to my waistline!

Ruth Daniels said...

Val, we couldn't believe how delicious.

SK, ...not to mention all the clogging of arteries ;-D