Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dinner with Friends Deserves Brownies

Yesterday was perfect for an outing with the family and what better ending to the day than dinner with friends - especially when they're doing the cooking so I can still spend as much time outdoors as possible.

But how can I show up with nothing to add to the table but a bottle of wine, no matter how delicious it is? So I thought I'd whip up brownies and although I have several recipes in the dessert section, and I love my Katherine Hepburn brownies more than you can imagine, I still always find myself looking for something even better.

I've mentioned before about going through my old foodie magazines and cutting out those recipes I can't possibly live without and I've mentioned that Epicurious.com and fineCooking.com both have recipe boxes where you can store your favorites. This time it was fineCooking that won with a delightful sounding best fudgy brownie. But if you know me, then you know that I can never leave well enough alone - and I'm sure that the basic brownie is great, but...well, let's just say that adding dried blueberries, toasted pistachio nuts and chocolate chips took it way over the top.

These really do give my other brownie recipes a run for their money.

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You can never go wrong with brownies to share with friends, Ruth.