Thursday, February 18, 2010

Asian Salmon Patties with Cold Chinese Noodles

Just in under the wire, but it was so good and how could I not send it in to Presto Pasta Nights, this week hosted by Mrs Ergul Passion for Life & Food.

Now usually - and especially in dead of winter, even if the weather is warm (I use the term loosely) - I make hot pasta, leaving cold noodles for hot summer days. That said I have a new cookbook that I'll be writing about in a day or two - Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast

This dish of Asian Salmon Patties intrigued me...and believe me they are nothing like my mother's Salmon Patties. Freshly grated ginger, sesame oil and crushed red chili pepper flakes are definitely different to my mother's (I'll have to make them for you one of these days...or you could buy my cookbook Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories - Recipes to Warm the Heart).

But I digress...the book suggests serving them with a fantastic Sesame Mayo and some Cold Chinese Noodles with Sesame Dressing - again - fantastic! This time I used some Chinese Shrimp Noodles which were delicious.

I tried to prepare my Honey for the fact that the noodles were cold...I told him four times. And yet, he still was surprised when he tasted them. Once over the shock, he gobbled it all up and guess what he's taking for lunch tomorrow? Cold noodles and Asian Salmon Patties, because one meal of it is not enough!

You still have some time to send in your own pasta...just post, mention Mrs Ergul Passion for Life & Food and email it in to limpeilin (at) gmail (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

See you at the roundup tomorrow.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Great healthy meal!

Cara said...

The salmon patties sound delicious and you know what else I really like? They are Passover-friendly! (yes, I'm already starting to plan!)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It all sounds delicious Ruth!!

Anonymous said...

When I read 'asian salmon patties' I was intrigued too! We don't really have salmon patties here in Asia but now I get it! It's an Asian inspired recipe. Looks good enough to be included in a typical Asian meal I reckon! :)

Joanne said...

I am so craving these salmon patties! I love salmon in any way...shape..form...

Cynthia said...

The salmon patties look and sound so good! I've never thought of adding asian flavours to salmon to make patties but this sounds as if it works really well!