Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Best Cold Weather Cure - Soup, Soup & More Soup

I don't know what the weather's like where you live, but we're in serious Winter here in Nova Scotia. It's minus a gazillion - or at least it feels like that. Snow is on the ground - well, piles of frozen snow from the last storm and softer stuff on top of that.

And I'm crabby. My daughter will tell you that I'm often crabby in the winter. My cure? Easy...Soup, soup and more soup! The thicker and heartier the better. So on the off chance that you're cold too...here are some of my favorites.
(pictured at the top of the page - any dried beans would work)
(straight from my freezer)
(which froze brilliantly - this time I added some cooked tortelloni*)

* The tortelloni is so I can use this as my entry for Presto Pasta Nights. This week Sara of Cupcake Muffin is hosting and I don't want to miss out. Just mention Presto Pasta Night in the post, and send her the link schatfield (at) calmail (dot) berkeley (dot) edu and cc me - ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

If you'd like to be a PPN host, just drop me a line. February and beyond are wide open.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for submitting your soup to PPN - the colors are absolutely gorgeous! Yum!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It seems to be warm here, but I know we haven't seen the last of winter and soup is ALWAYS welcome.

Risa said...

And January is soup month too, so this post is very fitting!!