Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Deja Vu Day

How weird was yesterday....let me tell you....

I went to the supermarket at 7am ...it's a 24 hour grocery and I often do my shopping for staples after dropping my Honey of at work. Yesterday, my intention was to get some salmon or some eggplant and cremini mushrooms to make a few dishes from some of my new cookbooks.

The fish section doesn't open until 8am...I forgot and the only fish, in packages, didn't look so fresh. Apparently the eggplants and cremini didn't make the delivery either, so what's a girl to do?

Suddenly, as I passed the ground beef, I had a craving...shepherd's pie, but not the standard variety I normally do. This time I wanted some Moroccan twist to it with, perhaps a good dash of Ras el Hanout (a wonderful Moroccan spice mix) and some chopped dried apricots.

So how "Twilight Zone" is this... November, 2006...Moroccan Style Shepherd's Pie...exactly how I wanted to make it. And I didn't even remember that I had created such a dish before!
Has your mind played tricks on you like that? And now I remember one very excellent reason for writing this blog!

No comments: