Monday, August 3, 2009

Slip Sliding Away - But Who Could Resist These Ribs

This is a bad time of year for me to try to stick to South Beach Diet (and in less than a week, I've added back two pounds. Not serious, but...)

Why a bad time of year, you ask...well for example....ribs . Just check out the cover of the BBQ issue of Bon Appetit magazine - and I don't even have a BBQ!
So I had to make these Cambodian-style Ginger & Honey Ribs. I did, however, serve them with sweet potato oven "fries" to counter the "no-no-ness" of the ribs.

And the corn from the Annapolis Valley is ripe and ready for the eating (another SBD no-no),

At least I didn't serve it dripping in butter (sigh), but this Cajun Corn is pretty awesome. Just cut a lime in half and dip the cut end over your favorite Cajun spice mix and rub on the cooked corn.
And how could I possibly resist the fruit, ripe from the valley too... cherries,
peaches...good thing I'm not a big fan of raspberries.

Now, I know...on SBD phase II you are allowed one,,, make that ONE good carb and one fruit, but there in lies my problem...moderation is hard...make that HARD.

For those of you who remember ...Paul Simon's song "Slip Sliding Away" comes to mind.

Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara used to say "Tomorrow is another day".

2 comments:

UPrinting said...

I'm sure you'll lose the two pounds in no time at all :)
The Cambodian-style ginger and honey ribs look really yummy! And those cherries, I could probably finish one whole pack of those. Big ones too, yum yum :)
Moderation is really hard, I know because no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get enough chocolate!

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks...

And a small piece of dark chocolate is allowed...a whole bar on the other hand... :-(