Friday, May 22, 2009

Saltscapes Expo

There's a wonderful Maritime Magazine called Saltscapes that has something for everyone - adventurists, gardeners, hikers, foodies and more. And recently they held their annual Saltscapes Expo. You can read about my adventures over at Foodtv's blog. But I thought I would share some of my photos.
My favorite event was the Culinary Countdown - think Iron Chef but with relaxed Maritime feel. Chef Renee Lavallee of The Five Fishermen(where we took out of towners before Joanna & Ezra's wedding) which won the overall competition . Here she is with here very delicious and easy Two Salmon Tartar Canapes. She had to make multiple batches to feed the audience who patiently waited for a taste.

So many fantastic vendors...I loved these Kiln Art glass platters and plates. Aren't they beautiful.
I heard that there were 16 breweries and wineries represented. Here's a new one for me to check out. Lunenburg County Winery not only makes wine from grapes, they also make blueberry and other fruit wines too. Anyone up for a trip to Lunenburg with me? It's only about an hour and a half from Halifax.
And one of the things that makes the Maritimes so special is the music...
It was a great event and I can't wait until next year. What's your favorite expo or fair?

No comments: