Friday, April 3, 2009

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #107

Wow! Four incredibly different Mac 'n Cheese dishes and two step-by-step posts to make your own fettuccine, to say nothing about all the other creative pastas this week...but I'll just let you see for yourself. Thanks everyone for taking part and satisfying my pasta cravings.

Katie the very funny author of Thyme for Cooking always has me in stitches…just before she has me drooling for one of her tasty treats. This time it’s a heavenly looking Mac ‘n Cheese with Cauliflower & Tuna.


Gay, my favorite Scientist in the Kitchen knows the way to my heart…ribs and pasta and not just any ribs…Coffee Braised Pork Ribs over Linguine.


Kristin of Sogkonnite Living really had this ready for last week’s roundup, but due to my head in a fog, I forgot to forward to Aquadaze. Her Manchego Mac & Chorizo certainly takes Mac ‘n cheese up a notch!


Nic of Lemon & Cheese brings another delicious creamy dish...Creamy Ham & Artichoke Pasta, perfect for a quick dinner before the theatre (for her) or any time at all (for the rest of us).


Jokergirl of Were Rabbits shares a dish that had me hunting on the Internet for quite a while, looking for "mangold"...even Wikipedia didn't know (kept getting people who's last name was Mangold). Finally, I found the answer...it's German for Swiss Chard!!! So, without further ado...here's her very tasty looking Penne with Mangold, Feta & Onions.


Kitchenetta of Got No Milk, takes things in a different direction...Chicken Teriyaki Pasta that has me drooling.

Nancy of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs (and I'd gladly be a dog in her kitchen) made Coq au Vin and what better to sop up all that wonderful gravy?...pasta of course.


Nick of the dynamic Nick & Sara duo over at I Am a Food Blog, did up his specialty...homemade fettuccine and I personally picked up a few pointers...Thanks Nick.


Poornima of Tasty Treats (perfect description of her blog) made Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs that look fabulous.


Deb of Kahakai Kitchen returns with a very healthful and very delicious looking Farfalle with Basil Walnut Pesto.


Bellini Valli of More Than Burnt Toast (I don't think she ever burns toast) knows how much I'm tired of winter. Thanks for this yummy dish that appeals to eye even before the tummy...Pesto & Chargrilled Vegetables & Spaghetti.


Joanne, who Eats Well With Others, you'll be happy to know, also brings some glorious Spring-time to the table...Penne with Artichokes, Black Olives & Peas.


Colleen of Foodie Tots made this awesome Baked Mac 'n Cheese with Roasted Red Peppers. It works even for her toddler who loves the look of red peppers but rarely eats them. This dish will change that in a hurry. Perhaps Boaz will enjoy it too. He used to eat everything, he's now in the "no way!" stage to many things.


Su-Lin of Tamarind & Thyme saw a picture and then created this tasty treat. How awesome is she! Cajun Sausage & Broccoli Pasta.

Mrs Ergul brought a luscious Tom Yum Goong that looks spectacular. I'll have to try it when my Honey's not around...no way he'll "play" with his food. I'm ready for a bowl right now though.

My turn...I finally used my awesome new KitchenAid Pasta Kit...pasta mix, noodle scoop and last, but definitely not least...the Pasta & Fettuccine rollers. What a treat! The dough mixing took just a few seconds. The actual pasta making start to finish took less than 45 minutes. And so good. Next time will be even better now that I know what I'm doing, don't have to wash my hands between each step to take photos and incorporate the great tips from a couple of fans.


And now that this week's Presto Pasta Night roundup is hardly a minute old...don't forget about next week. It will be hosted by the wonderful Marye of Baking Delights. Send your perfect pastas her way at maudet8816 (at)aol (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com Guidelines to share your pasta dishes.

And if you'd like to host a Presto Pasta Night Roundup yourself, just send me an email. May 8th and June 26th are open and lots of dates in the summer. What are you waiting for...it's great fun and a fabulous way to get introduced to other awesome bloggers.

Thanks everyone for a truly wonderful roundup this week. More than two years and still going strong. Couldn't do it without you all!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for including me this week. I call it swiss cheese brain, side effect of motherhood. Have a great weekend!

Colleen said...

Ooh, what a fun new toy Ruth! Can't wait to see all the yummy things you create. Thanks for another terrific round-up!

Su-Lin said...

Oh, thanks for the kind words! Fabulous roundup, as usual!

Sweet Kitchen said...

Terrific roundup - it looks so good it's making my tummy rumble!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Love the roundup - lots of good comfort pasta! And congrats on the pasta attachment. My Kitchen Aid is ailing, so sadly no attachments for me.
Nancy

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I love every dish in the roundup Rith. Another excellent journey through pasta:D

Melissa said...

Read your post below - how awesome that you got the kit. Have fun with it!

Love the roundup. And of course there's always a couple I hone in on - the tom yum goong, I always love that soup. And ones I know Steve would eat with me (he's coming around!) - the cajun sausage and broccoli and the farfalle with basil walnut pesto. Thanks everyone!

Joanne said...

Great round-up Ruth (as usual). Now to decide which to make first...