Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pasta #3 for Presto Pasta Night #100

The truth is...my heart skipped a few beats when I flipped through the latest issue of Delicious - Australia and I saw their recipe for spaghetti with garlic butter, bacon and prawns. I was absolutely drooling by the time I got home and made my own variation.


When I was a kid, my dad would take the family out for special occasion dinners , often to a swanky seafood restaurant called Neptune's... no longer in existence anywhere but my memory. The waiter made the Caesar Salad in a large wooden bowl right at our table and my all time favorite dish was Garlic Scampi served on rice. It didn't matter what else was on the menu.

And what could be more special than Presto Pasta Night hitting the big 100! So what are you bringing to the big party? You still have a couple of days to send me your entries. Just email all the details to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com. And remember, if you don't have your own blog, just send me the recipe and I'll post it on my site.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

This reminds me of a dish my dad always makes on New Year's Eve, although he uses scallops instead of shrimp. Good memories :).

Anonymous said...

Ruth - first time for me, and here it would be the 100th Presto Pasta Night if I can make it... what is the deadline to participate?

Sylvie
info (at) LaughingDuckGardens (dot) com

Ruth Daniels said...

Joanne, there is nothing like a dish that transports us back to a wonderful place and time.

Sylvie, the deadline is tomorrow night, hope you can make it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth: It's been a while since I've stopped by here. I miss you and Presto Pasta Nights. I get to see what Haalo prepares for the event, so it keeps me connected in a way.

Congratulations on your 100th post. That's quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to many more and perhaps I will be able to participate this year.

Best,
Paz

Melissa said...

I'm working on a post for tonight! I have the pictures loaded already, which is the hard part. I specifically made a pasta dish last night for PPN 100, I just couldn't miss it. Looking forward to seeing everyone's great dishes. :D