Monday, February 16, 2009

Amazing - a Dinner Without Pasta

I know it's hard to believe, but I actually can cook a meal that does not have pasta as the star. Last night my Honey asked if we could...just for a little while...NOT have pasta. We happened to be near Pete's Frootique which I'm talked about before. I also knew that their meat, fish, produce...well everything is of excellent quality and you know what they say..."you get what you pay for"... a bit on the expensive side. But, after a week of pasta twice a day, I thought to treat us to some delicious steaks.

There at the meat counter were these beautiful lamb rolls, stuffed with feta and lots of herbs and perhaps spinach. I couldn't resist and the reality....the $15 lamb roll actually fed four! Not terribly expensive and very, very tasty.

I served it with a side dish I saw Chef Michael Smith make on Foodtv's Chef at Home.


Don't make a face, they were awesome and went perfectly with the lamb roll. I actually used some of left over mushroom & spinach pasta sauce (without the sausage) to braise it.

Tonight's dinner will be roasted salmon (not sure which one I'll choose) with roasted cauliflower and steamed baby lima beans...because sometimes there's nothing like a simple to do, old favorite.

That said...I'm already thinking about what to make for this week's Presto Pasta Night. Wiffy of Noob Cook is hosting so don't forget to send her your entry by Thursday. Email: ppn (at) noobcook (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com.

1 comment:

Glenna said...

Oh yum, Ruth!~ I love lamb too and how neat that you can get the rolls already made up for you. Cooking is great but sometimes it's nice to have soemthing that's fast without being fast food. You know? Looks lovely and at $15.00 for 4 people, that's a bargain! The carrots are beautiful too.