Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Cookies Kids Can Make


Gramma and the Chef

Recently C of Foodie Tots started a series on Cooking with Kids and she asked me to share my thoughts. That, naturally brought me back to kids in my kitchen. I've shared the craziest cooking - making challah with FOUR little ones , and making brownies and chicken fingers with my niece, which was much more relaxed.

Boaz, with his mummy and his baby brother sleeping through it all.

And now it's time for the next generation of cooks...Boaz, who actually has been hanging out in the kitchen since he could sit up, check out those chubby hands.

I thought I'd take you on a little baking adventure ... first holiday cookie making. He's almost two and truthfully, his favorite thing was eating the dough....

See what I mean. Okay, we have to teach him about feet on the floor, hands on the table, but they were no where near the dough, I promise.

He did enjoy the stamping,

but seemed to like poking holes in the cookie even more

And when he saw us putting the cookies on the baking sheet, he put his own on too.

Here's the finished product....we're saving the decorating part for next year.

And the big question...what's your fave thing to do with kids, or the thing you remember doing when you were a kid?

By the way, I wrote about a great book Superfoods: For Babies and Children - check it out. It's great for preparing for fussy kids and perfect to get them involved in the process.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

It was a very long time ago, but I loved to let the children make their own gingerbread men. We were also very big on gingerbread houses. Non-food - oragami doves for the Christmas tree as they got older.

Unknown said...

your chef's so adorable!!! happy holidays to you and your family, ruth... :)