Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Bounty and a Trip to Spain...Sort of...

By the time January and February roll around, I'm not quite as excited about those hearty vegetables that tempt me this time of year....like brussels sprouts on the stalk and pristine cauliflowers...woody herbs like rosemary and thyme in particular. Don't even get me started on all those beautiful greens...beets, kale and, my favorite...chard.

I particularly love the multi-coloured bunches sold at the market. Which brings me to the point of this post...

Recently I wrote about the new cooking series on PBS - Spain...On the Road Again, that I can't actually WATCH on TV. But that doesn't stop me from living vicariously through email and blog posts and I thought I'd share my latest take on one of their recipes....I call mine

Greens Catalan-Style

...and what a glorious marriage of beet greens and the leaves of lots chard of multiple hues. To make the dish more my own I added some barberries (Zereshk) a tany dried little fruit from the Middle East and some local Nova Scotian balsamic apple cider vinegar.

Exclusive photo from the show...seriously....doesn't the gang look like they're having fun? The original recipe is from Episode Six of Spain -On The Road Again....I wonder what's up next.

No comments: