Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sometimes the Whole is Not Greater than the Sum...

You know the expression....."the whole is greater than the sum of the parts"? Well, sometimes that's not entirely true. Last night I concocted a pasta dish...after all tomorrow is Presto Pasta Night and Kitchenetta of Got No Milk is our gracious host for the week. Send your entry to tfree AT hotmail DOT com.

Oops...sided tracked, naturally...back to the idea of whole is greater...yada, yada...


Tell me that shrimps tossed in Aleppo pepper, spicy marinated Kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, perky asparagus spears and lemon zest don't sound awesome...I dare you!
It looked beautiful over Kamut & Quinoa Twisted Pasta in a serving bowl, (photo on top) but I think I should have used a milder noodle....the pasta itself was robust and earthy...overpowering the sauce and I should have only used half a box rather than the whole thing...next time I'll know better...I already fixed the recipe to reflect the changes.

Kamut & quinoa will be saved for a more robust tomato based sauce with sausages and mushrooms...I'm drooling already.

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with tomorrow.

4 comments:

A.C. said...

Where do you find all these fabulous sounding pastas?
The most exotic I've come across is various varieties (say that twice you know its sounds silly) in the asian/import section, and like, flaxseed pasta at Trader Joes...
I'm now on a mission to find all these strange and exotic pastas and noodles

Ruth Daniels said...

Corinne, several of the local grocery stores here have organic and healthfood sections...so I really don't have to go far to find them. Good luck on your hunt.

Anonymous said...

Ruth that looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, guess it's different for every person. As you know, my pasta salad was greater than the sum of its parts a couple weeks ago :)