Friday, July 4, 2008

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #70

Last week Hillary of Chew on That , guest host number 2, did a great roundup with lots of tasty dishes. Thanks so much for your terrific recap. It was fantastic!

Somehow though, a few entries got lost, but don't worry...they magically turned up here this week. And we’re lucky they did.

This week's roundup is all over the map...literally from around the world and figuratively...since there's everything from salads to heavy, comforting dishes...from super simple to labors of glorious love...

So let’s start with those who were hiding in the ether…

Avra of I've Got Food on My Brain also has a cute little one who's developing a career in photography. I'm not sure if he took this shot or his Mommy did, but the Fettuccine with Squid in Red Wine & Tomato Sauce looks scrumptious.


Dharm, that wonderful Dad - Baker & Chef also had the wrong email address, but no worries, his fantastic Spicy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta was worth the wait.


TS & JS of [Eating Club] Vancouver are first time PPNers and I hope will be back often. Just check out this mouth-watering dish of Bucatini with Zucchini & Grape Tomatoes and try to tell me that summer is not here.


Ivy of Kopiaste, my favorite Greek retreat without actually going there, shares this Pasta Salad with Mushrooms & Octopus In a Yoghurt Sauce. I usually am not so partial to pasta salads...don't look at me like that....but this one is so intriguing I'll have seconds please.


Deborah of Tastie, has a version of Tuna Casserole I would never have turned my nose up at growing up. Too bad my mother didn't know about it.


Wiffy of Noob Cooks shares another classic from my childhood...Spaghetti Bolognese and it looks almost as good as my mom's (not a statement I make lightly - hers was awesome).


Darron, The Teacher Learns to Cook was also one of those lost in the ethernet last week. Fortunately this Spaghetti with Chickpeas found it's way here. Who says easy and economical has to be bland and boring.


Lesley of Beach Lover's Kitchen, also missed out last week...but I'm certainly glad it made it this week...Homemade Green Tea Flat Noodle Soup...how cool is that.


Foodie Tots shares this improvised dish of Zucchini Tagliatelle Alfredo...another reason I love pasta...it's so easy as a beginning for any inspiration.


Sherra of Our Taste Of Life, shares my personal favorite quick comfort dish...Lemon Spaghetti. It soothes me even more than creamy mac 'n cheese.


But don't get me wrong...I'm looking forward to trying Johanna, Green Gourmet Giraffe's very tasty looking Mac 'n Cheese. It even looks perfectly calming.


Shannon at Simply Cooking, has another summery variation of herbs and lemons for us...Tortellini with Fresh Herbs & Lemon. Check out the lovely side of grilled asparagus to go with it.


Marija of Palachinka has a new pesto for me...and you know what a sucker I am for pesto...Pasta with Mushroom Pesto.


Kitchenetta of Got No Milk has another awesome lemony, summery dish. This one... a la Martha Steward... Pasta Insalata with Asparagus & Peas.


Ching at Little Corner of Mine shares a scrumptious looking Singapore Mee Siam with tons of shrimps and other good stuff.


Katie of Thyme for Cooking always cracks me up..this time it's a language lesson and a fantastic serving of Picnic Pasta Salad for Sunday's meal...is that this Sunday or next Sunday? I know...how about for both!


Ben of What's Cooking? is back with a luscious dish of Shrimp, Chicken, Grapes & Rum over pasta. I'm drooling so badly, I have to take a break before I short out!


Inge of Vanielje's Kitchen brings the most glorious colours of Africa to our table in her awesome Home-made Beetroot Cannelloni.


Katie at Soupusdei uses the coolest noodles in her Trompetti with Wild Mushrooms & Chicken. I can't believe I used to only use spaghetti or penne in my pastas. I've come along way and this dish will definitely be added to my repertoire.


Serena of Rock Cakes is back for the fourth week in a row! We're honoured! She is one of those lucky people that get a surprise vegetable box every week. And, as often happens at her place, they star in a pasta dish. This week it's Lemony Pasta with Green Vegetables.


Elizabeth's Cooking a very tasty pasta this week...it's a quick take on Rachel Ray's Chicken Piccata Pasta and sounds delish.


Mochachocolata Rita is back from a great trip, and is happy to be home with all her stuff. She made this really interesting Kimchi e-noodles that I know my daughter and son-in-law will be very excited about.


Oops, fortunately someone realized that I missed Tigerfish's awesome Spicy Shrimp Prawn Pasta. That would have been a shame.


And I was so busy trying to find interesting articles to share on Presto Pasta Nights as well as juggling all my other assignments, that...well...no pastas here. Lots of great choices though for next week.

Next week's guest host: Submit: July 5-July 10
The host will be Gay… A Scientist in the Kitchen
Send your entries to ascientistinthekitchen AT gmail DOT com
Check for the roundup on July 11

Plus...Don't forget to check all the Presto Pasta Night Roundups dating back to March, 2007, see who's hosting for the next four weeks and check out guidelines and tips for entering and hosting.

Over at Presto Pasta Nights there are also pasta-related posts that I hope you like.

If you're a Facebook member, please visit the Presto Pasta Gang on Facebook.

And, of course, a very big thank you to all of you for playing along and visiting every week!!! I can always count on you to make it special.

13 comments:

Ivy said...

Happy 4th of July for all your American readers. Each Friday I drool over these lovely pasta dishes and I want to cook all of them. Yum.

Katie Zeller said...

Some great looking zucchini recipes this week! Summer must be here, finally..
And, Happy Belated Canada Day and Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

I've suddenly got more tabs open than I've ever had, each with a delicious looking pasta recipe. But first, I wanted to say what a great roundup this was! And now, I'm off to read some recipes. :-)

Little Corner of Mine said...

What a great roundup as usual Ruth. BTW, I seem to notice that you have missed out on Tigerfish entry for this week. :P

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks all, lots of great stuff this week.

Little corner of mine...thanks for catching that. I'm going to add it to the roundup now.

Ruth Daniels said...

Ben...I couldn't agree more. Thanks for contributing.

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

Thanks!

Now we definitely have to keep racking our brains for more pasta dishes! =)

Johanna GGG said...

thanks ruth for a great round up - am now wondering if I have some spaghetti in the cupboard because it looks so appetising in a few photos

Beachlover said...

Thank you Ruth:)Happy Firework:))

tigerfish said...

Thanks for picking up my "lost" dish!

Unknown said...

great roundup! i hope to be back every week ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for compiling such a delicious spread ^^

african vanielje said...

Another great selection of dishes Ruth. I never know where to start. I think definite must tries are Ivy's octopus and mush salad, and Katie's picninc salad also looks good. You are right, pasta salads are beckoning. I might give your lemon pasta comfort dish a whirl as well, and that's just for starters.