Monday, July 7, 2008

No Manicotti Tonight

I had every intention on making Robin Miller's Artichoke manicotti in Pesto Cream tonight (mentioned last week). I bought fresh basil (which never lasts more than 2 days here in Halifax, no matter how I store it), ricotta cheese, and manicotti pasta. I always have a jar or two of artichoke hearts in the pantry and pine nuts in the freezer.

However....it's been 29 degrees C, with a humidex that made it feel like 36 (96.8 F) so forget boiling water and heating up the oven for an hour....I had a hard enough time eating a salad.

That said, I don't want you to forget that this Friday Gay, A Scientist in the Kitchen
is hosting Presto Pasta Nights...I'm hoping some of you come up with pasta salads I can prepare in the early morning, before the house heats up. Send your entries to ascientistinthekitchen AT gmail DOT com and come back for the roundup this Friday, July 11.

Plus...Don't forget to check all the Presto Pasta Night Roundups dating back to March, 2007, see who's hosting for the next four weeks and check out guidelines and tips for entering and hosting.

Over at Presto Pasta Nights there are also pasta-related posts that I hope you like.

If you're a Facebook member, please visit the Presto Pasta Gang on Facebook.

And, of course, a very big thank you to all of you for playing along and visiting every week!!! I can always count on you to make it special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping I can get my pasta together for this week! LOL!

Anonymous said...

It's hot here, too. I've been eating cake for dinner. No, it's true.

Ruth Daniels said...

Marye, you're forgiven if you can't, but we'll miss it.

Dana...I believe you - I had a chocolate coated ice cream bar!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

That sounds like a wonderful pasta dish, Ruth! Luckily it is not too hot here, so I can steal it :)