Thursday, May 15, 2008

Healthy Pasta with Walnuts & Parsley

I'm going to be reviewing another lovely cookbook in the next week or so, but I can't wait to share this particular recipe with you....especially because tomorrow is Presto Pasta Night, after all.

First, I must say, I'm not really a big walnut fan, even though they are rich in omega-3 and help lower cholestrol and reduce plaque buildup in our arteries. That said, this dish sounded intriguing in addition to being healthy...whole wheat pasta, walnuts, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese...interesting combo.

Ellie Krieger is the author of From The Food You Crave (and I really will be sharing much more about the book, hopefully next week, but I do have to share this quote of hers- "This is a hearty, out-of-the-ordinary, absolutely scrumptious meal" and I couldn't have said it better, myself).


By the way, all of her recipes come with, not only portion size and dietary info like calories, amount of protein, fat, etc., they also tell you that the dish is an excellent source of...in this case..copper, fibre, iron, magnanese, protein, and vitamins C & K and a good source of calcium, magnesium, potassium and vitamins A & B6. For me, though...I'd eat it even if it wasn't so good for me.

So what will you be making for Presto Pasta Night? Or even more important...if that's possible, what is your best "so delicious, I can't believe it's also good for me" dish?

3 comments:

Patsyk said...

I love Ellie Krieger's new cookbook! This pasta is incredible, thanks for reminding me.. I should make it again!

test it comm said...

That pasta looks good and it does sound interesting.

Johanna GGG said...

sounds excellent - made me remember I have walnuts in my pantry that could be used just this way