Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mark Bittman's Pasta from the Pantry

This post is short and sweet....check out Mark Bittman's NYTimes article on pasta from the pantry. Three simple choices I will refer to often...Spaghetti with Fried Eggs; Linguine with Walnuts and Anchovies; and (my favorite) Linguine with Tomato 'Fillets'.

The recipes are those of Arthur Schwartz, also from the article this quote my fellow pasta lovers will want to read....
"Arthur Schwartz, the host of ''Food Talk,'' a daily radio program on WOR-AM in New York. His latest book, ''Naples at Table: Cooking in Campania'' (HarperCollins, 1998), focuses on a part of Italy where the people are generally poor but where simple but great pasta dishes appear on the table every day, a feat seemingly accomplished with smoke and mirrors. He is also the author of ''What to Cook When You Think There's Nothing in the House to Eat'' -- currently out of print but due to reappear this fall -- which makes him a one-man clearinghouse for fast, easy pasta recipes."
I don't know about you, but I'll be on the lookout for both books.

And don't forget to join Presto Pasta Nights. The roundups are every Friday.

1 comment:

LisaRene said...

I must admit that some of my favorite pasta dishes are "minimalist's". Pasta with garlic, olive oil and basil makes me quite happy but my all time favorite minimalist pasta dish is penne with butter, salt and pepper :) A childhood favorite that I often crave.