Saturday, January 5, 2008

More Wish List Cookbooks

One thing I really enjoy doing when visiting other cooks is to check out their cookbooks. So on our recent trip to Toronto, with two sleep-overs at Sharron's, I naturally browsed the shelves. One of her roommates is a pastry chef, so no surprise that there were lots of pastry books, but the one I really want is In the Sweet Kitchen: the Definitive Guide to the Baker's Pantry by Regan Daley. I even made a note..."Pecan Caramel Sandwich Cookies - on Page 518". Obviously that was before going back on South Beach! Now I want it as a perfect baking encyclopedia because I'm still a novice when it comes to baking and this book looks really helpful.

Another of her roommates is vegetarian and these books in particular caught my eye...Vegetable Soups from Deborah Madison's Kitchenand Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone also by Deborah Madison. Mangoes & Curry Leaves by Jeffrey Alford. All of these will be perfect for healthful eating.

Then there was this one...Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America by Jose Andres. I just loved every recipe I flipped through and the photos were fabulous too!

The only thing better than having a wish list, is being able to cross them off when I add them to my collection.

What are some of your favorite cookbooks?

Related links:

3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

I like the sound of the deborah madison soup book - but my wishlist would have to include new bookshelves and somewhere to put them - am running out of space!!!

Ruth Daniels said...

Johanna, I know what you mean. My books and food magazines are spilling over onto the floor!

Sara said...

I really love the new Nigella book. I also found I have a book called the complete book of sushi - I love it! I've been flipping through it the past couple of days.