Presto Pasta Night #25 is here and you know what that means….one more week to the big 26 – six months of great pasta dishes. This time around we have lots of first timers (how many different ways can you say that...according to The Thesaurus , not too many so I decided to just put a bright asterik * beside each one) and I want to say a BIG BIG WELCOME!!!! We're all so glad to see new faces and new creations, so without further yakking from me....
Truffles of What's On My Plate almost got lost. Good thing she left a comment on another post of mine because I never got the entry. If that happens to anyone, please let me know either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or in a comment on any post. But now...back to the lovely Truffles. She shared a fantastic looking Smoked Trout Pasta with Verde Sauce and it looks scrumptious.
* Val of More Than Burnt Toast shares a scrumptious looking Southern Italian Ratatouille Pasta. It's filled with lots of zucchini fresh from her friend's crop.
Ferdzy of Seasonal Ontario Food is back with a glorious bowl of Fish & Pasta with Greens in Saffron Paprika Broth. The weather is turning chilly and they predict some rain...sounds like this dish will be perfect for lunch.
* Elly of Elly Says Opa! brings this fantastic creation of Baby Lasagnas using won ton wrappers. I love the idea!
* Caroline of A Consuming Passion dishes up a great Jamie Oliver Pasta with Tuna Sauce and it looks wonderful.
* Sarah of FoodCite created a dish of Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta that looks divine. Who says you need a grill? Thanks for the recipe. Now I at least have something to make without feeling sad about my life without a BBQ.
* Eunice of LemonAlmond is very determined. She found a bottled pesto that she loved and decided to recreate it herself. I must say the Pesto Alla Calabrese looks awesome. Now we can all try it even if we don't have access to Barilla's.
Tigerfish of Teczcape is back with a very easy, very tasty Stir-Fry Veggies & Glass Noodles. She does this when things are rushy. I think it would be great even when you have all the time in the world.
* Jenny the Vegetarian Cookster brings a great new Basil-Mint Orange Pesto to our table. I do hope she comes back with more vegetarian delights.
S'Kat is back, I'm thrilled to say with this fantastic Chicken Piccata. You have to love the capers adding a punch to the dish...I do!
Haalo of Cook (Almost) Anything , an amazing PPN regular, made a really awesome soup. Stelline with Prawns & Cavolo Nero Soup which looks rich and thick and perfect for a cold rainy day. It's the kind of dish my father used to say "would stick to your ribs" and warm you up. I'm looking forward to needing it!
Sara of I Like to Cook is one of my favorite Canadian Food Bloggers and I'm glad she's back. This time around she shares a very delicious looking Pesto Pasta Salad.
Katie of Thyme for Cooking is another fab PPNer and this time she shares a great story and an even better pasta - with Lentil and Sausage Pasta with Avocado Sauce. How awesome and wholesome is that!
* Ashley of Delish (and if this dish is any indication...it's a very well-named blog). I love her awesome sounding Salmon & Asparagus Pasta. The combo of pink and green and the tastes of asparagus and salmon...well don't get me started.
Dayna, the most amazing Vegan Visitor shows up this week with a great use for all those zucchini in her garden. (This is the third unique pesto this week) Can you say..Zucchini Pesto Provinciale? Can you say..mmmmmmh?
Alisha of Cook. Craft. Eat always shares something delicious and this time it's perfect for the heat many of us are having...Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Pasta Salad.
Sher of What Did You Eat? does a stir fry of Chicken, Green Beans & Watercress with Cellophane Noodles. I bet this one would be great hot or cold.
Muskat of Sharpen Your Knife shares a family favorite dish that everyone she knows asks for. Now she has more friends wanting to try it....Mediterranean Penne Salad. It looks wonderful, doesn't it.
Anh of Food Lover's Journey always shares something special with us and this time is no exception...homemade Fettuccine with Toasted Bread & Fresh Peas.
Ashley, from Eat Me, Delicious shares a really pretty and very interesting Broccoli and Pine Nut Pasta Salad. A great dish on a hot summer day.
*Anna of Morels & Musings made the most mouth-watering dish of Cacio e Pepe. I'm drooling as I add it and wondering if I can make some for breakfast!
My cousin Arlene in Toronto (no blog, poor thing, so I did an entry for her) is a great cook and often shares her recipes. I miss dinners at her house. I'll be making her Salmon Pasta with Peas, Mint & Feta soon and raising a glass and missing her and Miss Coco, her delightful Basset.
Marye of Apron Strings & Simmering Things must know that I love creamy dishes and this one is perfect...nothing like a creamy farfalle to melt my heart.
* Zooey53 at Recipes on the Fly is dog sitting and making great pasta lunches. This one is Fresh Vegetable Tortellini and I want some!
* The Happy Cook over at My Kitchen Treasures whipped up a classic Pesto Sauce. She is right when she says that once you make your own, you'll never want store bought.
And now for me... well, I did whip up a dish using President's Choice Medaglioni stuffed with Chicken & Rosemary and served it on a bed of Sauteed Tender Beet Greens, but really the post is about the video I found on You Tube. ..it's worth the click through to check out KitchenAid's Peter Pasta giving us a tutorial on pasta making.
And one late arrival (mostly because somehow the email made it to my spam folder, so my apologies Sherra). *Sherra of Our Taste Of Life brings a very different dish to our table...it's Pancit Canton or stir fried chow mein noodles from the Philippines and it looks wonderful.
Next week is the BIG six month celebration and I hope you all plan on coming to the party. Bring your friends - the more the merrier! I'm really grateful to all the Presto Pasta Night regulars and newbies coming on board every week. It's awesome and give yourselves a big round of applause. I know I will!
Remember- anyone out there with a pasta dish, I will continue to add submissions until Saturday . After that, I will add them to next week's PPN Event. So don't forget to join in with the rest of us Presto Pasta Nighters. It's easy and fun. Remember that ALL noodles dishes count as pasta and "presto" (ready) or "lento" (slow) are perfect. Find out how right here. In the meantime... Happy Pasta Eating!!!